Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
(Left: Butternut Pecan scones, Center:Banana Chocolate Chip Bread)
www.glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com by Karina Allrich
3 ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup puree)
1/3 cup light olive oil
1 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp bourbon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend or gluten-free baking mix
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 TBS arrowroot starch
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 round tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (or use chopped walnuts or pecans)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil the bottom of a standard bread loaf pan and dust with rice or corn flour.
2. Combine the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the dry ingredients into the banana mixture and stir until smooth. If the batter looks too thin and wet, add more gluten-free flour, a tablespoon at at time, to thicken the batter. Then add in the chocolate chips and stir by hand to combine.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the center of a preheated oven for 1 hour, until the loaf is firm, a bit crusty, and a wooden pick inserted into the center emerges clean.
5. Cool the loaf on a wire rack. Slice and wrap each slice in foil; bag and freeze. This bread is tasty as is, but-it is truly sublime when grilled in a hot iron skillet with a tough of light olive oil. The chocolate chips melt and the banana fragrance intensifies and your taste buds- well, they get very, very happy.